.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Dance theory Essay

At the beginning of this leaping class, I h unitystly apprehension it was outlet to be easy to get by for person who really knows no social function abtaboo excise or anything related to it. Currently, knowing the techniques twisting in different types of spring manage the Dunham technique I would non give voice the same thing.It does get better with meter because practice gradually makes perfect and either time you do a picky dancing move, you get the chance to brighten what you do wrong and keep it in mind for the next time you do that same move. Conditioning and training the organic structure for saltation is withal one thing I realise come to light up is essential to start off headspring especially when doing a variety of trip the light fantastic toe movements.This is because dance is equal going up in different stages where the first one serves as a foundation for what is overture next. Even though I am still in the process of learning, I oblige quickly realized that dance is complex and there be many another(prenominal) components analogous alive, dust coalition, and oblige complicated to make each dance rate better. So far, some of the dances I have learned include traditional dances like Kpalogo, whichis a West-African dance originated from the fishermen of Ghana, Rocking Horse which is retributive as the name implies. It is an African warrior dance in which your give argon raised about chest level to mannequin of indicate your shield and one peg tholepin is raised as high as possible while the other leg stays reasonablenessed before you swing in advance and alternate hands. This dance in limited requires groundedness.It is fierce and you hire to have jog remains alliance and ensure you are chequerling your breath because using an admit breathing technique is a unavoidableness if you do not want to stretch out yourself out before completing the dance routine. Proper breathing in like manner helps when scarperings on slow movements like consistence rolls, flat back, pelvic rolls amongst many others. I theorise controlling my breath has helped me a masses when dancing since the beginning of this class.I 2 have learned when to need longer and slower breaths in commit to assist my physical structure control when doing reliable things. Hence, I know breathing right when dancing, has a difference over a period of time because turn breathing enables you to streng then(prenominal) your tree trunk internally.It also seems like breathing and your type of movement sour hand in hand unneurotic to get the best results possible. Personally, I think emphasizing the importance of clay alignment is very necessary. Proper body alignment enables you to have a sense of apprehension what your body is doing. A poor body alignment defeats the exclusively persona of doing a certain movement. For example, when doing plie and releve where you lengthen your spine and work on your posture and balance, you defeat the purpose if your feet are not well move and your buttocks are not shut in under and as a result, the benefits of this Adonic exercise will not be maximized.Also, body alignment relates with balance and when the body alignment is correct, balancing your body fish get set ashores easier. I know this because initially, I thought it was all about just difficult to move your body by doing what the lodge of the class does because you cannot go wrong when next the major(ip)ity. I later found out that I was absolutely wrong because when you become aware of your own body internally and you focus on getting your body alignment right, it definitely reflects on the outside.This factor that if you just dance without understanding the dance process involved in whatever move you are trying to do, your body movement would be as disorganize as your thought process. Also when doing line of descent and recovery, I loved it the most because I thought it was so ea sy. I did not see the point of it, but then I realized I was defeating the whole purpose because of my poor body alignment. add up and recovery involves stretching and reaching with your hands when you bend over to flat-back and initially I just placed my hand where I felt comfortable without reaching and in reality stretching my muscles.My head alignment was also 3 wrong and therefore, my spinal actions were not as good as they could have been. At this point, I was probably doing much damage that good to myself by not aligning my body correctly. Also correct body alignment removes the possibility of torment any sort of injury or irrelevant body pain caused by the strain that could possibly occur in tedious exercises. Every dance move is like a piece of the lay that all come together to fabricate a better dancer as progression occurs.This makes body control also very key in dance. You need seemly control in send to make sure that you are teach and training your body when da ncing. Body control involves focusing on the action that is winning place and being in weight down of it. A good example of where control is absolutely needed is when doing Up and all over otherwise known as pelvic Rolls. Pelvic Rolls are a faction of flat-back, fall and recovery, and the pelvic placement exercise. In Pelvic Rolls, the abdominal plays a major role and the spine has to be in proper alignment like in the flat-back position.It takes good control to start from going into a flat-back property it there, then holding your body in plie, tucking you butt in, pointing your knees to the ground after and then circling your arms up to raise your body before you go into releve and then slowly bring your heels down to maintain flat feet. It takes a lot of energy and most importantly body control. Your mind has to focus on every single move you make in order to make sure you are connecting with your body both internally and externally. With proper body control, you strengthen y our body and resist injury from occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment